We all know the importance of brushing, but do you remember the significance of flossing? Flossing plays a crucial role in oral health. Furthermore, did you know there are many options to choose from with dental floss? Yes, it’s true! Dental floss comes in different ways, so you can get the best clean for your unique alignment. To help you understand more, our dentist, Dr. Marianne Morelli with Brookfield Family Dentistry, LLC in Brookfield, Connecticut, is excited to share this knowledge with you about dental floss with you:
– If your dental floss tools are used incorrectly, you can end up damaging your tooth enamel and gums.
– Some people can experience issues with dental floss. Instead, try using water flossers.
– If your teeth are straight, you should use waxed floss. If your teeth are crooked, unwaxed floss can be easier to operate and should be used instead.
– Dental floss products come in all shapes and sizes. For help to determine which one is best for you, visit your dentist.
– Use dental floss to clean between your teeth on a daily basis.
– Dental floss can lead to contamination if you do not use a new piece each day.
– Shred-resistant dental floss is helpful for improving your oral health.
As you can see, dental floss honestly comes in different kinds, which means you may be able to find a dental floss that works better for your specific smile. If you would like to learn more about your oral health, or if you would like to come in for a dental cleaning, call our office today at 203.775.6167 to set up an appointment. Our team is always proud to help you achieve positive oral health.